 Robotics / 1756
Re: BASIC like programming alternatives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:44:24 GMT

Oh dear!

This sounds just like those debates of  'My MAC's better than your PC'

It is possible to code a sophisticated program in any language - provided
your skills are up to the task.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Hall-Beyer <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.robotics
Date: 23 December 1998 00:25
Subject: Re: BASIC like programming alternatives?

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, John Cutter wrote:

want to write some reasonably sophisticated programs, but I'm afraid I • don't
know C...

Unfortunately, to write sophisticated programs, you need a sophisticated
language. which tosses anything even remotely BASIC-like (and most
interpreted languages) right out the window.

C is not that hard to learn if you've ever used any kind of structured
language before.

-Ian