 Robotics / 17553
Re: LEGO RCX and I2C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:32:46 GMT

Hi Ralf,

Did you have a change to test the i2c-rcx link.
I am very curious what the results are. I made an I2C link directly to
the LPT port and tried to read some kind of a bar coded lego train.
It worked in principle, but I had some problems with different train
speeds...

Guido

In lugnet.robotics, Ralf Krause writes:
Hi,

the Elektor - Magazine for Electronics and Computer - comes with a very
interesting project. They have a pcb and software in NQC.

Have a look to the homepages
http://www.elektor-electronics.co.uk/
http://www.elektor.de/
http://www.elektuur.nl/
http://www.elektor.fr/

I2C Interface for Lego RCX 'Brick'

It has, by now, become well known that the Lego RCX-module is eminently
suitable for experimenting with such things as robotics. But once the des= • igns
grow beyond simple experimentation it quickly becomes obvious that the nu= • mber
of inputs and outputs that this control module provides, are rather
insufficient. That=B9s why Elektor Electronics presents the I2C-interface f= • or
this Lego brick. An entirely new world is opened up: in principle, no few= • er
than 128 I2C-devices may be connected to the bus!

The magazine comes tomorrow. I 'll test it ...

Ralf