 Robotics / 17430
Re: Lego mindstorms and windows 3.11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:33:51 GMT

At 08:04 Thursday, Steve Baker wrote:
nanobapt wrote:

Is it possible to program lego mindstorms with windows 3.11 ?

Not using the standard Lego software...for sure.

Also, you'd need Mindstorms 1.0 or 1.5 because the current 2.0
version uses a UDP connection that isn't supportable under Win 3.11

You mean USB, although the small packet size and generally
unreliable nature of the IR connection makes it seem like UDP
sometimes :-)

I just spent the best afternoon I've spent in a long time trying
to make my lego robot follow wells *well*. It's remarkably easy
to make it follow walls and either

a) lose them
b) get stuck in a corner
c) get turned around when it does lose them and go back the other
way.

It's been an interesting challenge to get those bits of antisocial
behavior out of the system, and I think it's time to leave the lego
click-to-program behind and start working with NQC.

I really love this stuff.

Roland