 Robotics / 17323
    Trilobite
   I really wanted the steerable shrimp to work out, it is so aesthetically pleasing as a design that it just seemed to the be Right Thing(tm). However, it required a LOT of motors, sensors etc. and if I geared it to climb it would only crawl along the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Trilobite —Steven Nickle
     Nice design. I may have to build a variation and test it out. I also have been unhappy with my attempts at a SHRIMP. A question on trilonite: How is its lateral stability if it hits a wall at an angle or any irregular mountain? (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Trilobite
     (...) The trilobite is very very strong (it chewed up and knocked down earlier, more hastily built, duplo walls), but it is also heavy and it can't lift itself by one arm (I just tried to take the wall with only one side and was cringing for the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Trilobite —Jerry Kalpin
   (...) Nice job on the trilobite! About the batteries: I think your review reference is to NiMH type. I use that kind in my digital camera (do you sense a 'but' coming?) BUT, I use rechargeable mangnese alkaline batteries in my RCX. Available current (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)