 Robotics / 17293
Re: Lost my IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:52:56 GMT

hi Peter,

Why did you remove the IR diodes ?
I think it's not necessary, or am I missing something.

It would even be nicer, if also the IR-sensor could be left in place, but I
don't know the Lego circuit.

Stef Mientki

PeterBalch wrote:

Hi

This is probably of no interest to anyone else but...

When I bought my Mindstorms (for US$15 in a charity shop) it was missing
the IR Tower.

I'd allotted myself an hour to build a Tower but I suspect the IR
components I was using were the wrong wavelength and I couldn't get it 100%
reliable. So I just fitted a miniature jack socket into the RCX and have a
long lead my the PC. Not as convenient but the price is right.

If anyone wants the circuit diagram for my interface box to put on their
website, please email me.

Peter