 Robotics / 17232
17231  |  17233
Subject:
Lost my IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:33:13 GMT

Hi

This is probably of no interest to anyone else but...

When I bought my Mindstorms (for US$15 in a charity shop) it was missing
the IR Tower.

I'd allotted myself an hour to build a Tower but I suspect the IR
components I was using were the wrong wavelength and I couldn't get it 100%
reliable. So I just fitted a miniature jack socket into the RCX and have a
long lead my the PC. Not as convenient but the price is right.

If anyone wants the circuit diagram for my interface box to put on their
website, please email me.

Peter