 Robotics / 17211
Re: Question?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 04:37:58 GMT

The three main outputs are Pulse Width Modulated. These are generally
used for motors, but work for lights as well.

The three main "inputs" can use "active" sensors that require power
and can therefore be considered as outputs in their own right (with
significant current limits). When set to use "active" sensors, the
inputs actually output power most of the time, switching briefly to
input mode (no power output) to take a reading.

There are secondary outputs (and inputs):

There is a built-in Infra-Red link (send/receive)

There is a very limited LCD display that can display (I think) 5
digits.

Lastly, there is an internal Piezo Element being used as a speaker to
produce a relatively limited range of beeps and tones - no CD quality
sound here ;-)

There are also four built-in pushbuttons which can be used in some
cases. I believe, though, that to use these for anything other than
their original intended purpose, you have to be using something other
than Lego's firmware.

Matthias Jetleb