 Robotics / 16906
Re: install ris2 on win95?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:56:03 GMT

hmm, hmm... i really don't like win98. imho, m$ just added a lot
of junk with no real advantages over win95. same thing even worse
with win me. usb works fine on my win95 system (sr 2.1, win95b)
with updated usb support.
i'm now trying to "hack" the installer of ris2 and create a setup that
works on win95 as well. if i don't succeed, i will work only with nqc /
bricxcc and the serial tower. (yes, i am that stubborn... :-)

greetz
mat

Stef Mientki wrote:

I don't know the answer, but what I know is that the USB support on
WIN95 (even the latest edition) is quiet limited and bad. Migrating to
windows 98 is just a small step and will give you full and good working
USB support.

Mathias Uhr wrote:

hi list!

does anybody happen to run r.i.s 2.0 on windows 95?

now i went through all the troubles of soldering an usb connector
(my mobo was prepared for usb, but without plugs) and
installing usb support for win95, and now the r.i.s setup is telling
me that it can't be installed on win95?! *iieekks*!!!

please tell me that there is a way to trick the installer! please!!!

thanks and many greetings
mat