 Robotics / 16894
  Version

What are the major differences between the 1.5 version and the 2.0 versions of the Mindstorm? Reason I ask is because I see that there are upgrades available to bring the 1.5 version up to 2.0 which, when combined with the lower prices that can be (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Version

(...) AFAIK, RIS 2.0 has... * A few extra/different parts (but nothing significant I think). * New software (but you can download that from the Lego web site as the beta version). * The tower is a new design. It's interfaced via the USB port rather (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Version

Hi The 2.0 MS software is probably more than just the firmware? For people coding in NQC etc, firmware may be all that matters, but for those of us who (also) use the Lego application, a new version with new featueres may be worth it. I dont think (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Version

(...) There's only one new part in RIS 2.0 - a fiber optic strand that can be used to route communication between the tower and a programmable brick. (...) You can download the SDK from the site, but I haven't seen the updated RCX Code (Lego's (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)