 Robotics / 16868
Re: Mindstorms on RailRoad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:37:15 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I don't remember seeing it on the new engine, but my old engine had a
connection for a light (headlights).  Couldn't that be used?  I doubt the
engine has internal protection, so it seems like you could connect the
output of the RCX directly to the light connection, and drive the motor from
there.

Hmmm - yes - that might actually work...although now you'd have the RCX's
power going out to the rails - so you can't run two such robots at the
same time.  :-(

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net