 Robotics / 16869
Re: Mindstorms on RailRoad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 01:43:07 GMT

How about Solar powered?
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/solar.htm
Check the bottom of the page.
--
Bob Fay

THE SHOP
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay

"Steve Baker" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3C2BB0AB.17BC05FC@airmail.net...
Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I don't remember seeing it on the new engine, but my old engine had a
connection for a light (headlights).  Couldn't that be used?  I doubt • the
engine has internal protection, so it seems like you could connect the
output of the RCX directly to the light connection, and drive the motor • from
there.

Hmmm - yes - that might actually work...although now you'd have the RCX's
power going out to the rails - so you can't run two such robots at the
same time.  :-(

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net