 Robotics / 16859
16858  |  16860
Subject:
Mindstorms on RailRoad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:30:46 GMT

I got my son a Lego Train set for Xmas - and have been trying to figure out
how to build a Mindstorms robot to run on Lego train track.

* The Train motor isn't much use since it picks it's power (and hence
  speed and direction) from the track.
* The other wheels that come with the train have non-Technics axles so you
  can't power them from a Mindstorms motor.
* I can't find any other Lego wheels that will run on the train track without
  derailing at the drop of a hat.

Someone must have solved this...but how?

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net