 Robotics / 16862
Re: Mindstorms on RailRoad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:43:10 GMT

I don't mind that the RCX is battery powered - I want to make a robot that
happens to run on rails rather than some long running train that happens
to have an RCX onboard.

I don't really want to use the train motor at all (modified or not).

All I'm trying to figure out (and I spent several hours last night surfing
Lego train sites trying to find an example) is how to get some kind of • Lego
wheels that I can drive from a Technics motor to roll nicely on the track.

Isn't that the seme thing?  If you modify the train motor to accept power
from the RCX, you have wheels that roll nicely on the train track.

Anyway, have you tried the small yellow/white wheels that come with the
solid rubber tires? IIRC they are about the size of the track.  You could
also use larger wheels, and have the track run on the rim of them.

Andy