 Robotics / 16743
Re: I'm not into robotics myself but........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Iain Hendry writes:
"Steven Lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message

Building one that could beat a human would really take some doing.

That is such a clever idea. Wow... I love it!

I can't quite remember how to play Jenga. Do the players take turns removing
pieces? They have to put them on the top, right?

That's right, its a tower, three bricks wide. The bricks are rectangular,
three to a layer, each layer is orientated 90 degrees to the one before.

I remember someone a little while ago built a robot that could solve the
Tower of Hanoi problem. This reminds me a bit of that, in the type of
problem solving that would be employed. I'd love to build the hardware, but
I'm afraid I'd have to have someone else do the software. :)

It's not really like the tower's of hanoi as the bricks you remove have
other bricks stacked on top of them. The key to the game is the friction
between the pieces.

Steve