 Robotics / 16741
Re: I'm not into robotics myself but........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 04:22:43 GMT

"Steven Lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message

Wouldn't it be cool if someone built a robot (Lego or otherwise) that • could
play Jenga. It would need sensetive devices to determine the force • required
to withdraw a block. It would then have to build up a model of the tower • in
memory to enable it to work out which block would be the optimum candidate
for removal. It would also need clever programming to implement the tricks • I
use, which allow me to beat my sister at it almost every time. Stratagy • and
leverage are also key factors.

Building one that could beat a human would really take some doing.

That is such a clever idea. Wow... I love it!

I can't quite remember how to play Jenga. Do the players take turns removing
pieces? They have to put them on the top, right?

I remember someone a little while ago built a robot that could solve the
Tower of Hanoi problem. This reminds me a bit of that, in the type of
problem solving that would be employed. I'd love to build the hardware, but
I'm afraid I'd have to have someone else do the software. :)

    Iain