 Robotics / 16730
Re: source of solar panels for Lego robots?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:37:03 GMT

"Patrick Hui" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:00f001c1829f$d895ee40$740dc6cb@huip...
Please check:

http://www.robotstorehk.com/solar.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gareth Bestor" <bestor@cs.wisc.edu>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 2:45 AM
Subject: source of solar panels for Lego robots?

Can anyone recommend a good source to find relatively cheap, high-power,
compact solar panels that could be wired together to power an RCX, or • anything
else for that matter. I've seen the Lego solar panel in Lego Dacta, but • it
seems to be very expensive for what you get. Thanks,

- Gareth

try loking at the solar panels at www.solarbotics.com, i've been using one
for the last two years to power an automatic watering system at my mom's
house.  reliable and fairly cheap.

for the fun of it check out the light sensors that double as solar cells.
you have to string a whole lot of them together but they can be nicer to
look at that a nasty ol' solar cell.

just my $.02

m.