 Robotics / 16647
  NQC, Mac OS X, and the USB IR Tower.

Hi, My experience is that communication with the RCX using the command line version of nqc, Mac OS X 10.1.1 and the USB IR tower is intermittant. About one in 4 times the program will succesfully upload to the RCX, the other times it reports "port (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC, Mac OS X, and the USB IR Tower.

I haven't tested with 10.1.1 yet. Were you using 10.1 (or even 10.0.4) previously? If so, was communication more reliable? What Mac are you using? I'm just trying to isolate the problem. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC, Mac OS X, and the USB IR Tower.

Hi Dave, Thanks for responding. Your efforts have been outstanding! I'm using a G4 Cube. The tower is connected to a 17" AGP monitor. I've never used an earlier version of the system. That's an interesting story. I was having mysterious ethernet (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC, Mac OS X, and the USB IR Tower.

(...) I assume MacNQC won't work at all because it doesn't include USB tower support yet. Re 9.2.1 - I found the same problem when I moved from 9.1 to 9.2.1. The Lego driver was happy at 9.1 and hung during boot with 9.2.1. It would boot ok if you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC, Mac OS X, and the USB IR Tower.

Dave, I did have the driver installed in OS 9. I shut down the classic environment, and repeated my test. The program downloaded 100% of the time! I haven't tried deleting the USB IR Tower driver preference file from the OS 9 system yet. I was using (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)