 Robotics / 16589
Re: Programming RCX using Delphi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:52:14 GMT

hi Robert,

Besides using spirit.ocx (I threw it away because of it's limitations and
strange behaviour), you can also send/receive commands through a normal RS232
driver.
I've done this in Delphi-5 (only RS232), you can download my sources here:

    http://baserv.uci.kun.nl/~smientki/Lego_Knex/Lego_electronica/Mindscope.htm

I think the file "Test_IR_tower.pas" may be of interest to you.

If John Hansen would answer your question, you would even get to know how to
program the USB tower.
(As far as I know all his sources are available, but it's quiet a lot !!)

best regards,
Stef Mientki

Robert Linn wrote:

Hi All,
Iam new to Lego Robotics. Would like to program the RCX directly using
Delphi. Therefor looking for tips, hints, examples, links, books etc. on how
to do so.
Appreciate any information.
Thankx,
Robert