 Robotics / 16580
    Programming RCX using Delphi —Robert Linn
   Hi All, Iam new to Lego Robotics. Would like to program the RCX directly using Delphi. Therefor looking for tips, hints, examples, links, books etc. on how to do so. Appreciate any information. Thankx, Robert (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Programming RCX using Delphi —Joe Comeau
     "Robert Linn" <robert@linnedv.de> wrote in message news:GnCrCr.9Cx@lugnet.com... (...) how (...) Spirit.ocx can be used just like any other OCX in Delphi. It will give you direct access to all of the methods that can interact with the standard (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Programming RCX using Delphi —Guido Heunen
     Hi I used the Spirit.ocx for the cybermaster, which works well. However, I recently bought a RIS2.0 set with USB IR-tower. To me it seems that you cannot program the RCX2.0 with delphi anymore. Or am I wrong? If so, more info please. Guido (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Programming RCX using Delphi —Claude Baumann
     (...) Hi Robert, Programming the RCX directly using Delphi is as simple as doing so with VB. Depending on the Delphi-version there are some problems to register the Spirit.OCX, because in the spirit.pas you have to change strings like while, if, on (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Programming RCX using Delphi —Stef Mientki
   hi Robert, Besides using spirit.ocx (I threw it away because of it's limitations and strange behaviour), you can also send/receive commands through a normal RS232 driver. I've done this in Delphi-5 (only RS232), you can download my sources here: (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Programming RCX using Delphi —John Hansen
   (...) I wrote what I call a FakeSpirit class in Delphi. It is what I use in BricxCC to communicate with the programmable bricks. The files needed to use FakeSpirit are in (URL) required files are contained in the "bricktools" sub-directory in this (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)