 Robotics / 16509
RE: Mindstorms used as an Engineering Prototype Tool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:52:05 GMT

Hi Don,

I read your posting and Jerry's reply with interest.  I would like to hear
more about your approaches experiences.  We have developed a software
automation prototyping system, initially for laboratory automation, but
could be applied to other similar areas.  The key interest here is that we
have implemented LECIS (an asynchronous automation messaging and control
standard) using our toolkit.  We chose the RCX to demonstrate our software
and the LECIS standard because Mindstorms is readily available, inexpensive
and fun!  The development did pose some interesting problems implementing
two-way communications with the RCX.  However, the result is LECIS compliant
LEGO.  :)

If anyone would like to know more, take a look at
www.e-labcompany.co.uk/products.html

I would be interested in contacting you off-list.

Regards,

Colin Read.