 Robotics / 16456
Re: Bummer!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:26:04 GMT

Oh no, big disappointment! The content list for this book looked really
interesting.
Robot battles, games and sieges, with CD.
I did notice some oddness in the availability. Barnes & Nobles took orders early
this year, but later announced a delay until October 31.
Amazon just show "limited availability". Other online resellers announced
shipment in January. I justed ordered from BN, but I guess the book won't
materialize.
What is going on?

Anyway, most of the material in the book must be completed.
Maybe we could track Gordon McComb, and organize a purchase of his material by
lego-robotics list members?
I gather he is an experienced author in robotics and toys.
Does anyone know of him or his work?

Thomas Hoeg-Jensen, Denmark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim West" <Jim@jameswest.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 5:35 AM
Subject: Bummer!!!

Howdy all,

   Well...I just received the following email from amazon.com:

Hello from Amazon.com.
We are sorry to report that the release of the following
item has been cancelled:

Gordon McComb "Killer Lego Mindstorm Robots"

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it will not be released after all. Please accept
our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you.
We have cancelled this item from your order.

That's just too bad.  I was looking forward to this one.