 Robotics / 16452
  Bummer!!!

Howdy all, Well...I just received the following email from amazon.com: ===...=== Hello from Amazon.com. We are sorry to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled: Gordon McComb "Killer Lego Mindstorm Robots" Though we had (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bummer!!!

Oh no, big disappointment! The content list for this book looked really interesting. Robot battles, games and sieges, with CD. I did notice some oddness in the availability. Barnes & Nobles took orders early this year, but later announced a delay (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bummer!!!

Sorry you were disappointed. I decided to postpone the book for a year or so to wait for better market conditions. Far too many LEGO Mindstorms books have been released recently for mine to get any decent shelf-space or mind-share. I want to let the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bummer!!!

(...) I've just recently joined the list and started to mess with Lego Mindstorms, so I hope this comment isn't redundant. I'm really unhappy with the attitude towards Forth in the O'Reilly book, I hope you will portray it in a more favorable light. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bummer!!!

Other books have covered the varieties of firmwares and OSs for the RIS. The subject matter of my now-postponed LEGO Mindstorms book is in a different direction. pbForth gets all of one paragraph...not a comment on pbForth, just an editorial (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)