 Robotics / 1643
  Vertical Mill

I have posted pictures and a QuickTime movie of my new vertical mill at (URL) Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vertical Mill

Robert Fay writes: > I have posted pictures and a QuickTime movie of my new vertical mill at > (URL) adding all of these to the ``Building'' section of the list web site at (URL) It would be great to know if the model is ``Mindstorms-Pure''. I'm (...) (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vertical Mill

(...) My Vertical Mill is LEGO pure (except for two thin washers in the worm drive of the vertical axis "Z"). It does have components from other sets. (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vertical Mill

(...) "This mill is for show only. It does not have the mass to allow a real cut." It's all in the choice of materials. "Wet N' Set" (TM), MAGIC NUUDLES (TM), are so light that they can be milled with standard Lego gears. Go to (URL) to see how they (...) (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vertical Mill

heheheh...Thanks fopr the Idea.. I have 2 24 tooth gears that were maimed horribly by a worm gear mounted on a 12 turn motor..did you know that Lego Worm gears and 24t gears stink and make pretty smoike at 24000rpm? Makes a good saw blade candidate (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)