 Robotics / 16416
Re: A job involving LEGO Mindstorms!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:14:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jerry Kalpin writes:
Shiri, you left out the *interesting* stuff!  For what purpose would they
use LEGO Mindstorms at The Technion?  What kind of research... or
training... or what?

Hi Jerry,

Forgive me for doing that. I don't really know all the details yet.
Hopefully, assuming I will start soon, I will know more and then can share
the details. Meanwhile, though, all I know is that the research involves
LEGO Mindstorms. You can imagine that, when I heard about it from my dad's
colleague the proje ct leader, I was enthused and automatically asked to
join. Now that I've gotten into the swing of things at Haifa U., I emailed
the project leader and asked him if he still is interested in me working there.

However, he mentioned that the students were building robots and generally
"playing around" to see what they could do with them. They've been using the
SW sets (I'm not sure if the Droid Developing Kit or the Dark Side one), and
have been building small robots that moved around, and, well... did stuff.
(Forgive the ignorance on my part!)

As I said, if/when I start, I will probably know much more and will be able
to relay info to ya'll. I posted enthusiastically without the details, and I
do apologize, but I'll try to fill you in ASAP.

-Shiri