 Robotics / 16327
16326  |  16328
Subject:
hovercraft?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:31:41 GMT

Has anyone ever built an RCX hovercraft?  On the plane back from a ROBOLAB
workshop in Bangkok I noticed that on page 151 of the SkyMall catalog has a
Remote Control Hovercraft with a "9.6 rechargeable battery pack" and "Three
separate motors" ... sounds like it could be done, although maybe with a 9-volt
battery and some solder instead of the six AA's...

Here is the entire ad:

REMOTE CONTROL HOVERCRAFT BLASTS OVER ANY SMOOTH SURAFCE - OR FLOORING
Amaze your friends with this radio-controlled hovercraft that jets around on a
cushion of air - just like the real thing.  Three separate motors shoot
pressurized air downwards and provide the power to blast over snow, water,
glass, carpet or the living room floor.  Includes a 9.6 rechargeable battery
pack.  9-volt battery required for the remote control transmitter.  Ages 8 and
up.  15 1/2" x 7 1/2" x 5 1/2".  610618J Translucent Blue (2.5 lbs.) $80.00
635144J Lime Yellow (2.5 lbs.) $80.00

http://www.skymall.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/gotoPage?sid=66026535%40
0&page=detail&pid=13208402&dept=5627