 Robotics / 16302
Re: Deconstruction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:48:12 GMT

Elijah --

While I am on the topic, any hints on getting into the pneumatic piston
cylinders without destroying them?

It's pretty easy to get into the large cylinders.  Using two pin vices,
insert the pins between the bottom edge of the black cap and the yellow
cylinder body.  You want a pin below each of the two yellow nipples which
secure the black cap in place.  Then gently lift and separate.  The black
caps on the ones I have opened are not adhered in place (easy to get off)
and just snap back on when you're done.

I'd be interested to hear what kind of lubricant you're proposing to use.

Cheers,

JP

Serious LEGO: http://jpbrown.i8.com/