 Robotics / 16300
Re: Mindstorm in Space (Re: Mindstorm in New Electronics magazine)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:00:32 GMT

The winner was just announced, it will use Lejos:

On reading the automatic translation I am glad to see that the robot
uses impulse drive. I think a warp engine in that confined space would
cause a lot of problems.

Elijah

P.S. after looking at http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/impdexp.htm and with
winter not too far off I think it would be interesting to experiment
with low friction propulsion, say making a bot that can cross an ice
rink without wheels, treads or propellors (the objection to the latter
being the implicit dependence on gravity for the friction needed to not
become a high speed menace).