 Robotics / 16299
16298  |  16300
Subject:
Announcing BricxCC - formerly known as RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:06:03 GMT

Re-posted in lugnet.robotics in case you missed it in lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc.

I'm excited to announce the availability of the latest release of my
enhanced version of Mark Overmars' original RcxCC program.

Due to a recent e-mail from the FairPlay folks at The LEGO Company, I have
renamed the program Bricx Command Center or BricxCC.  Links to my web page
dedicated to this program should be updated to:

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm

The old URL will display a page announcing the name change.  After 3 seconds
it will redirect the user to the new URL.

This release is version 3.3.1.9 of BricxCC.  It contains a significantly
enhanced help system.  All users will benefit greatly if they upgrade to
this new release.  In the editor windows pressing F1 will display context
sensitive help about the word located at the current cursor position.  The
F1 key now also opens to an appropriate help page from most of the many
dialogs available in BricxCC.  The NQC Programmer's Guide has been
integrated into the help system.  All references to the old program name
have been changed.  An initial overhaul of the original help content was
completed so that it much more accurately reflects the current state of the
program.

A side effect of the name change is that your configuration changes to the
default program values will be unrecognized by the new release.  I apologize
for not addressing this issue in the current release.  If this is a major
problem for anyone let me know so I can bump up writing an upgrade routine
on my priority list.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

John Hansen