 Robotics / 1629
    RE: All-around-the-robot bump detection —Jeremy Morton (Excell Data Corporation) (Exchange)
   If you have three sections and overlap them correctly, you can distinguish six different directions of contact. You wouldn't have to multiplex the touch sensors if you didn't need any more inputs, but you could multiplex them onto one input if you (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: All-around-the-robot bump detection
   Jeremy makes a very good point ! :) You should be able to get away with 3 (in theory). I think this "bladder" idea might work better as you could have more air displaced (assuming you hit the obstacle with any kind of speed <G> ). me Andrew Phelps (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: All-around-the-robot bump detection —Linc Smith
    lego-robotics@crynwr.com wrote in message I think this "bladder" idea might work better as you could have more air displaced (assuming you hit the obstacle with any kind of speed <G> ). Concern for a bump producing enough displacement to move the (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)