 Robotics / 16274
Re: High speed automated robot arm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:15:03 GMT

Iain:

It definitely sounds like your site was the one I recall. I thought they
were amazing and was interested in experimenting with something similar. I
look forward to seeing them on your site again soon.

Thanks

David

In lugnet.robotics, Iain Hendry writes:
"D. Cuthill" <dave.cuthill@computalog.com> wrote in message

A year or two ago I came across a website that had a number of videos
demonstrating different types of lego robot arms or "assembly" robots that
did things like move 3 balls to different positions very rapidly similar • to
the types of robotic arms you seem in automobile manufacturing. I have • lost
the link to this site and was wondering if this sounds familar to anyone • and
if they have the address.

Hi David,

I think you're refering to my cartesian robots. I had a whole series of
cartesian (linear) robots moving white marbles, with videos. They were named
robot7, robot12, etc... (1 through about 23).

Unfortunatley for the moment I've removed all those videos from my server.
:( I'm still in the process of "upgrading" my webpage to host all the videos
again.

The robots were inspired by the robots that we make at work.

www.ventax.com

We build cartesian robots for the injection plastics industry to remove
parts from machines. The robots sit on top of the fixed platen of the IMM
and reach into the mould to fetch the part, then remove it and transport it
to either an offload conveyor or any other piece of auxilary automation.

When I saw the subject line of this message, I was excited that someone else
was doing high-speed pick and place with LEGO. :)

   Iain