 Robotics / 16273
Re: Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:52:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, jtaibo@udc.es writes:
Hello all,

I'm thinking about buying the Vision Command, but I haven't seen any
reference to the use of the camera from Linux (NQC or even better LegOS).

Do you know if it is supported? I would like to hear from anyone who
has used the Vision Command with the RCX from Linux, with LegOS or NQC.
Any reference to information about this subject would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Javier Taibo  <jtaibo@udc.es>
Visualization for Engineering Architecture and Urban Design Group
VideaLAB - University of Coruña
http://videalab.udc.es

Hi Javier,

i think you won't get any response from anybody who has successfull used the
vision command set with linux !?!

AFAIK there is no such solution.

As the vision command camera is a logitech camera in fact, you perhaps
should ask logitech for linux support (a linux SDK) and someone (you maybe
?) will program an application for linux.

logitech writes at : http://developer.logitech.com/developer/support.html#7 :

7. Is there an SDK for Linux or Macintosh® systems?

so far we are only offering an SDK for the Windows® environment. As camera  > drivers for other platforms become available, and as demand grows, the SDK   > may branch out to these environments. Keep watching the website for details

Regards,

Rainer