 Robotics / 16154
  Re: rechargeable 9V battery packs for RCX/JCX and Legos motors

(...) I would like to follow up on this. The school I volunteer at to teach LEGO Robotics now has 4 RIS 1.5 and 4 RIS 2.0 and batteries are a real problem. Disassembling kids robots to change batteries is a pain! I have been using 1800MAh NiMh AA (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rechargeable 9V battery packs for RCX/JCX and Legos motors

(...) You might want to consider the connector used for R/C battery packs. If memory serves, they are fairly immune to shorting, can only be connected the right way, and the connectors lock together. My digi-key catalog shows Molex as one possible (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rechargeable 9V battery packs for RCX/JCX and Legos motors

(...) Caution... Most chargers out put much more then the RCX can handle. I recall there being a thread that cautioned against charging in the RCX. Dean (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rechargeable 9V battery packs for RCX/JCX and Legos motors

Dave, these look very good.. both the male and female appear to be recessed... Which end is typically used for the battery?? Thanks! Terry dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com says... (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rechargeable 9V battery packs for RCX/JCX and Legos motors

(...) The battery connector has pins, the charger has the socket/receptacles. The square contact is positive. Bruce Boyes ------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ---...--- Real embedded Java and much more High speed 8051 systems +1-801-534-1017 Salt Lake City, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)