 Robotics / 15858
Re: rechargeable 9V battery packs for RCX/JCX and Legos motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:38:26 GMT

At 19:35 7/30/2001 -0500, Brian B. Alano wrote:
Personally, I'd prefer a battery pack with removable AA or AAA cells. Cheaper
for me to replace the cells when they wear out, and it can adapt to new • battery
technology as it arrives. How about the Electric 9V Battery Box 4 x 14 x 4
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2847c01)

We purchased some of these to try. It's a nice holder though a bit pricey
perhaps at about $11 each. It has a polarity-reversing switch meant to drive
the 9V motors directly. Eliminating this switch would have the advantage of
saving 2 diode drops in the main power supply voltage.

BTW, does the RIS2.0 RCX have a power input jack?

Bruce Boyes

------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------
  Real embedded Java and much more
     High speed 8051 systems