 Robotics / 15758
  Repairing torn 9V mini motor axles

My students over the last year have torqued the axles off six 9v mini-motors. I've tried just super-glueing another axle. Unfortunately, I can't seem to keep the glue away from the casing nor get true alignment. I've popped the back off, but can't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Repairing torn 9V mini motor axles

I find that on this type of plastic glue does not work, you might try plastic weld and a cut-off pin. If you keep the head of one side if the pin and insert this into the shorter of the two pieces (use a mini drill bit to bore into each end of the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)