 Robotics / 15758
15757  |  15759
Subject:
Repairing torn 9V mini motor axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:29:09 GMT

My students over the last year have torqued the axles off six 9v
mini-motors.  I've tried just super-glueing another axle. Unfortunately, I
can't seem to keep the glue away from the casing nor get true alignment.
I've popped the back off, but can't seem to tear the motor away from inside
the casing.

Of course, I can just turn them in for replacement.  But if I can "save"
these, then I'll have these plus 6 more replacement motors.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!  :-)  edwin