 Robotics / 15691
  How to pick up a CD?

Hello, Does any one have a good idea for a simple way to pick a CD. I would like to be able to pick up just the top CD in a pile. Has any one tried this before? I looked at haw some CD duplicators worked and they seemed to to use the center hole for (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to pick up a CD?

You should have no problem generating enough vacuum to lift a CD using the standard Lego pneumatics. The large pneumatic ram should provide plenty of vacuum. If not, use two. The harder part is how to maintain that vacuum. I can't think of a Lego (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to pick up a CD?

(...) Can you use the center hole? If yes, you could build some kind of diverging pliers, something that you put in the hole and expand a bit to apply some friction against the edges og the hole. Or if you can use the outer edges, make a three or (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)