 Robotics / 15699
Re: How to pick up a CD?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:54:43 GMT

"Brother Lizardo" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
Hello,

Does any one have a good idea for a simple way to pick a CD. I would
like to be able to pick up just the top CD in a pile. Has any one
tried this before?

I looked at haw some CD duplicators worked and they seemed to to use
the center hole for alignment and some form of gripper. I think some
use suction. Has anyone every made a vacuum pump with the pneumatic
parts?

Can you use the center hole? If yes, you could build some kind of diverging
pliers, something that you put in the hole and expand a bit to apply some
friction against the edges og the hole.
Or if you can use the outer edges, make a three or four finger hand to grab
the CD.

Ciao
Mario