 Robotics / 15654
  Re: Of Interest To Robotics Folks? Perhaps...

(...) GAH! It sure is hard to follow the robotics stuff from outside LUGNET when it shows up like this. Anywho...right, K'Nex is releasing as educational only, but they ARE making a concerted effort to support MacOS right out of the box...LEGO has (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Of Interest To Robotics Folks? Perhaps...

(...) Oh, come now! There are only 2 current OSs that need to be supported here...all of the others are considered too niche, and not in popular use enough to bother (sorry, but it is true...who in their right mind would develop for, say, AmigaOS, (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Of Interest To Robotics Folks? Perhaps...

(...) Well, you have to look at it from Lego's perspective. If they try to support two, three...twelve minority operating systems, how much will it increase their sales? Now, if they spend that effort on making their Windoze package yet fancier and (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Of Interest To Robotics Folks? Perhaps...

(...) In lugnet.robotics, Matthew Gerber writes: (...) I believe that LEGO Dacta ROBOLAB 1.0 (Mac and PC) came out at the same time as LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Invention System software 1.0. Its just that only the Mindstorms stuff got the cool (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Of Interest To Robotics Folks? Perhaps...

In follow-up to this thread, I received my LEGO S@H catalogs today. They offer RIS 2.0 for reserve order, shipping 8/8/01. In the system requirements, the following: Windows 98, Pentium II 233 MHz processor, 32MB RAM, 115MB available hard disk (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)