 Robotics / 15596
RE: Good news (Bad Rcx of ir transmitter)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:20:28 GMT

One of my fellow researchers had trouble along this line. The RCX just
refused to take the firmware. I did hear somewhere that florescent lights
interfere with the IR. Try shielding the IR Tower and the RCX somehow. Maybe
put them aimed directly at each other and then put a cardboard box over top?
Sounds goofy, but it just may work. However, having said that, am I the only
one that feels IR was a bad choice as opposed to radio controlled? I'm not
electronics wizard, but the communications aren't all I had hoped for. Hope
that cardboard idea pans out, if not I would just try to notice your
surroundings and see if there is anything that might interfere with the
transition. Thats the best I can offer. Good luck! :)

Sean Watson
SeanWatson@ec.rr.com
http://home.ec.rr.com/seanwatson/

"Your focus determines your reality" - Qui-Gon Ginn