 Robotics / 15511
    Re: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long) —Matthias Jetleb
   I'm hard pressed to understand why one would need to continually transmit from either the RCX or the tower? Data logging comes to mind, but there aren't many cases where there is a need for this. Listening can, of course, be done continously. The (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long) —Ralph Hempel
     (...) The use of alternative firmware such as pbForth, legOS and leJOS usually requires frequent upload/download cycles, and may use long communications periods. (...) I agree on this point, but that will affect the low power range more as well. (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long) —Matthias Jetleb
     (...) Oops. I just assumed that the RMS vs Peak value of an AC transformer and the subsequent consequences for the tower were so obvious that anyone with an electronics background would have pointed it out, and since you didn't, I figured you must (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long) —Chris Phillips
   In lugnet.robotics, Matthias Jetleb writes: <snip...> (...) One important point that I haven't seen mentioned here is that the RCX AC adaptor input is labelled "9-12V~", which is AC, not DC. I have used the transformer that comes with the 9V train (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)