 Robotics / 15492
  i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site

why why why! why doesn't it work? i'e tried a hundred times but i still can't logon to the lego mindstorms website i need help now i've been waiting too long! (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site

(...) After moving to a new computer, Win98 and MS Internet Explorer 5.5 I found I could get into every site ...except... www.hp.com and www.kodak.com. On my old computer and Win95 no problem but consistent 'timeouts' on those two sites. I still (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site

(...) "Can't log on to certain URLs" and "IR Tower light stays on..." for me were two connected problems. I solved them, thanks to the Eastman Kodak webmaster and tech support at my ISP, Sympatico.ca. They found incorrect settings on my ethernet (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site

(...) (In Dr Evil voice) Jerry, throw me a frickin' bone here, OK? (back to regular voice) I'm able to connect to HP, but my downloads never terminate. My laptop leaves the light on the tower on. I have an Ethernet card. A pattern is emerging... (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site

(...) Ralph, that is what the Eastman Kodak webmaster asked me when I told him of the outcome. In general, my ISP assigned an IP address for my TCP/IP adapter card. The details are below. In the 'Network' Control Panel, Configuration Tab: I selected (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: ADSL and LAN (was: i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site)

(...) Get one of the LinkSYS Cable/DSL Routers (~$200 CDN$ for a 4 port), or learn to use linux and setup a firewall machine. (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site

Hi, I guess you are subscribed to an ADSL service and I also guess you have an external ADSL modem. If these guesses are correct, here's the explanation for the IP address stuff. The ADSL modem uses your ethernet card as an interface to talk to your (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  ADSL and LAN (was: i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site)

(...) So here is my question with ADSL - can it be used, and work well with, a private LAN? I have a LAN (Win2k server based) in my house that includes the server being a DNS server, DHCP server and Domain controller. I have this configuration so (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: ADSL and LAN (was: i neeeeeed help! can't logon to the lego site)

(...) This will work. However, people have complained that the routing makes the Win2k machine thrash like crazy. As long as the machine isn't doing much else, you should be fine. If it needs to do other things, using a Linux machine as a dedicated (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)