 Robotics / 15482
    Re: High Strength Powered Steerable pivot wheel —Scot Wilcoxon
   (...) All the replies were apparently trying to help you to create a steerable wheel with no motors in the assembly. Did you consider rotating the entire motor/wheel assembly? The advantage is that you don't need a drive to go through the rotating (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: High Strength Powered Steerable pivot wheel —Steven Nickle
   IN my design the motor and wheel assembly are one unit. The problem has been keeping the rotation point stong enough. Hopefully I can play around with some things this weekend. I will probably order the large turntables from pitsco. They should (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)