 Robotics / 15413
Re: What to buy...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 16:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Jeroen Stap" <jv.stap@quicknet.nl> writes:
Hi.

I have both the Cybermaster and the RCX, which come with several touch
sensors and a light sensor. What sensors are the best to add? I was thinking
of rotation sensors, but they seem to be difficult to get, and quite
expensive too. Any suggestions? Will TLC bring out more new sensors in the
(near) future?

I would buy 'The Ultimate Accessory Set'.  It includes a touch sensor, a
rotation sensor, a 9v lamp, a remote control and a collection of Technic
parts, all for around US$50.

The remote-control is more useful than I thought:  It lets you call up
programs, stop and start motors, etc., and seems to work over long distances
(6 or 7 meters) with the IR receiver on the RCX pointed in almost any
direction.  It's great for 'performances'.

Jerry