 Robotics / 15411
Re: What to buy...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 12:30:30 GMT

Jeroen Stap wrote:

Hi.

I have both the Cybermaster and the RCX, which come with several touch
sensors and a light sensor. What sensors are the best to add? I was thinking
of rotation sensors, but they seem to be difficult to get, and quite
expensive too. Any suggestions? Will TLC bring out more new sensors in the
(near) future?

Of the remaining sensors, a second light sensor and a couple of rotation sensors
would be high on my list.  There is also a thermal sensor - but I doubt that's
of much use unless you have a really specific project in mind that needs it.

The Pittsco Dacta people have a variety of others - pH sensor, sound sensor, etc.

There are also some non-Lego sensors from third parties if you are not a Lego
purist.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>