 Robotics / 15384
  Re: RCX Solenoid

(...) Actually, what I was thinking, with a push/pull type, you wouldnt have a spring return, and therefore could briefly power it and then turn off the power, and it would stay in that position, hence no battery drain. --Electro-- (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Solenoid

i´ve used a solenoid on my rcx from an old copier. they are filled with them. i used it to lift and drop down a pen that i attached to my line following catepillar drive robot. i am trying to learn my rcx how to draw and sculpt... look it up(if you (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Solenoid

That is an interesting application. What are your plans for Sculpting? -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) andersson" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:3AFC2210.E28129...@kkh.se... (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Solenoid

"Bob Fay" <rfay@we.mediaone.net> wrote in message news:GD6sE9.3xt@lugnet.com... (...) I would also like to know about the sculpting! It reminds me of a certain someone who has built machines for cutting in toast. :) Iain (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Solenoid

(...) sounds interesting. if you could find links or more info, it´d be great. My plans for building a sculpting machine sofar is pretty simple and straightforward. i am (or we are) basically trying to build a plotter that pours material down on the (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Solenoid

That is a very complex project. The rotation sensor will provide you with positioning information. It does lose counts sometimes, so it is best to reset the counter often. If you have not already seen this site, take a look at (URL) is a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)