 Robotics / 15384
Re: RCX Solenoid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 07:14:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Andy Gombos writes:
"David M." wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone found a good source of an RCX-compatible linear solenoid? One
about 2-x-2-x-X studs? With a push AND pull of a minimum of about one inch?
And works with 9 volts. Double ended would be nice.
If not, any takers on searching for one? I'm sure we could think of a few
uses for one...

--Electro--
--

What about a doorbell solenoid?  They are designed to work at 12V, but I have
had them work pretty well off a 9V battery.  The only thing is that the

Andy

Actually, what I was thinking, with a push/pull type, you wouldnt have a
spring return, and therefore could briefly power it and then turn off the
power, and it would stay in that position, hence no battery drain.

--Electro--