 Robotics / 15189
Re: Animatronics anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:08:45 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Steve Baker) writes:

I'm looking into the possiblity of building an animatronic
version of Tux - the Linux Penguin.

That's a great idea!  You could even try make a webcam,
so everyone can get his personal friendly gesture from Tux.

Especially the practical issues of retaining enough
'stuffing' material to keep the shape right - yet not
clogging up the mechanisms.

You could put a plastic bag around the mechanism,
supported by some light frame that should do it.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/