 Robotics / 15174
RE: Robotic kits for schools
Newsgroups:
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:30:13 GMT

mailto:scombs@ivy.tec.in.us
http://faculty.ivy.tec.in.us/~scombs

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf Of
Ben Erwin
Sent: Sunday, 15 April 2001 7:56 PM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Robotic kits for schools

What you want is called "Mindstorms for Schools," a.k.a. ROBOLAB.  If you
want
to do any kind of graphing, data-collection, internet communication, journal
writing, web page creation, picture-importing, code-commenting, using
variables, using multiple timers, use non-LEGO DCP sensors, etc. then
ROBOLAB
is a must because the RIS software can't do any of this.

TO BUY:
http://www.pldstore.com/ in the U.S.
http://www.lego.com/dacta/addresses/wheretobuy.asp for other countries

Example projects:
http://www.weston.org/Schools/teched/middleschool/berwin/
http://ldaps.ivv.nasa.gov/Curriculum/index.html

In lugnet.robotics, Bill Langevin <commtech@idirect.com> writes:
I teach a grade 10 design and technology class and have an opportunity to
acquire some
funds for robotic kits, I've heard of Lego mindstorms and some of our high
schools are using
kits which I think are called Techniques?
Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated
Thanks Bill