 Robotics / 15143
Re: Robotic kits for schools
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 21:29:56 GMT

It will take some advance planning on your part.  Remember, LEGO Systems are
made up of hundreds of small parts and none of them may be lost.  You should
consider pre-arranged projects and kitted parts (or something else, decided
by you in advance).  Before you make committments for an entire class I
suggest you buy one RIS System, build a few robots yourself for
familiarization, make a plan and assemble a 'beta' group of grade 10
students to test it.  Then you will make better resourcing decisions.

On a lighter note, be aware that this stuff is addictive.  Your school might
have to send you off to a clinic or to LEGO Anonymous...:)

Jerry

In lugnet.robotics, sjbaker1@airmail.net writes:
Bill Langevin wrote:

I teach a grade 10 design and technology class and have an opportunity to
acquire some
funds for robotic kits, I've heard of Lego mindstorms and some of our high
schools are using
kits which I think are called Techniques?