 Robotics / 15138
  Re: Receiving IR data

hi James, (...) That's a trick Lego uses to test the quality of the battery in the IR-tower, according to the spirit.ocx documentatie (see TowerAlive method). I'll think you have to wait a little longer to receive something or maybe wait between (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Receiving IR data

Hi there, Thanks Stef for that *very useful* piece of information, I've now cracked it and wrote up a little article on it: (URL) is only preliminary, but I thought people might like to see it. There is some C++ code snippets and the protocol (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Receiving IR data

Hi James, (...) My first attempts were unsuccesfull, because I didn't know you had to invert the "third-bit", thanks to you my attempts gives results. The rough notes on my project can be seen at (URL) testing a use a simple general purpose RS232 (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Receiving IR data

Actually, there is a mistake in James' web page. He wrote: The middle portion of the data (red) are the opcodes you want to send to the RCX, followed by the two's complement of the opcode. In fact, it is followed by the 1's complement of the opcode. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)